How much Ram can I add to my Dell Inspiron 14z ultrabook(5423)?

Q. I have 4GB of ram and I want to upgarde it to maybe 12GB or 8GB. How many Ram slots does this have?

A. Hi Daniel,

There are 2 memory slots which support DDR3 DIMMs from 1333 MHz (Sandy Bridge) to 1600 MHz (Ivy Bridge) and support a minimum of 2 GB to a maximum of 8 GB of system memory.

For more information you may refer to the link: http://bit.ly/11vF3jK

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards
Priyanka S

Is the Dell Ultrabook a good laptop?
Q. I am researching my next laptop purchase and I really like the Ultrabook. I play the Sims 3 so I plan on needing a laptop that can handle installing the expansion packs of the game. That is really the only specification I have. Also besides that, is it nice? Does it run nice? I would love if someone answered my question who has or has had an Ultrabook.
Also, I am looking for something that is sleek. I hate the look of a bulky laptop. Thanks!

A. An Ultrabook is not meant for gaming but it can play some games. It may be able to handle the Sims 3 but I'd have to say that an Ultrabook is mainly designed for mobility for work, rather than gaming. If you're into gaming, I'd recommend purchasing either an Inspiron 17r or an XPS 17. These laptops are perfect for everything. Although the XPS packs more power than the Inspiron, they are both very good computers for everyday tasks.

Can the Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook play CDs and DVDs?
Q. I am considering purchasing this laptop. I just need to know whether it has the capability to play CDs and DVDs or not. I think the laptop would be really good for my school work as well as the normal stuff. Thanks and 10 POINTS to the best/most helpful answer! :)

A. NO, not natively, the XPS13 does not come with CD/DVD drive (it's to thin for them!), however an external drive could be attached via USB, it comes with 2 USB ports one being USB 3.0.
:

"The XPS 13 Ultrabook does not come with a CD-ROM drive due to the hardware constraints and mainly due to its small form factor. However you do have an option to purchase an 'External Trayload Optical Multi-Format CD/DVD USB Drive' for an additional fee, which can be used to read and write CD's and DVD's. You can purchase this drive along with the system as an 'add-on' while customizing it. I have attached a link below which will direct you to the page where you can take a look at the specifications of this drive before purchasing it."

http://dell.to/Miwb7q




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.