How does a Netbook connect to the internet?

Q. I have only had a desktop, never even a laptop, so I am clueless as to how you get connected to the internet via a netbook. Do you pay a monthly fee like I do for internet use on my desktop? How does it work when I'm not home, like traveling in a car? I use the computer mostly for pleasure, not for business, and obviously I'm pretty computer illiterate. Any help would be appreciated.

A. Netbooks can connect to the internet via a 3G wireless network, a Wi-Fi network, or in some cases, via a wired Ethernet cable. 3G-enabled netbooks have a built-in cellular radio and so do not require a separate wireless internet card. When accessing the internet from home, hotels or coffee shops, Wi-Fi can be a cost-effective supplement to your 3G wireless plan, since Wi-Fi access normally allows unlimited data use for free or a fixed fee. To switch from the 3G network to Wi-Fi, you simply flip a switch on the netbook. Some netbooks also have a built-in Ethernet jack, thus enabling internet access when Wi-Fi and 3G wireless networks are not available.

How do i connect my netbook to my printer since theres no cd drive on the netbook?
Q. I just bought a netbook and it has no cd drive for my printers installation cd. I have an Epson Stylus NX515 and am wondering how to connect my netbook and wireless printer. If it helps my printer is already connected to my wireless network.

A. USB,
or go to their website and download it there.

How to put a netbook into monitor mode without using keyboard and without seeing screen?
Q. My netbook has a water damaged keyboard with few working keys and I believe that i just got a malfunction in the cord that reaches the monitor. How would I be able to put my netbook into monitor mode without using the key combination or changing settings?
When I plug in an external monitor I can see the screen until I reach the login screen. Is there a way to keep the netbook in monitor mode?

A. You wouldn't. Secondly, the water probably got into the graphics processing circuitry also so it wouldn't work even if there was a way.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.