What laptop brand has the most replaceable parts?

Q. I'm looking for a laptop to buy & one criteria I have is that I want most of the parts to be replaceable if I feel like changing some parts a few months after I bought it. I heard of brands like Hp, Dell & Acer but no idea whether the parts are replaceable or not. So what laptop brand has the most replaceable parts?

A. If you want replaceable parts, I recommend Dell. In most of their recent laptops, you can upgrade HDD, RAM, and Optical Drive. However, they also let you upgrade/replace the Screen, Keyboard, and CPU, which other laptop companies sometimes don't allow or make it very difficult.

Their support is great too. They also provide service manuals for all of the PCs - whether in Physical Book form or html form straight from the Website. They also sell replacement/refurbished parts when available.

For Example:
Service Manual for Inspiron 1525
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1526/en/SM/index.htm
Replacement/Upgrade Parts Home Page
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

Most GPU chips cannot be upgraded, and Dell is no exception; that's just how laptops today are made. Sorry =[

What laptop is the best for college students?
Q. So I am getting ready for college and I was wondering what type of computer would be the best to have. I need one with windows 7 and a big storage capacity so I can hold a lot of pictures and music.

A. I would recommend you Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5035 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Laptop

I have used this product and it performs really well I would definitely suggest

Toshiba Satellite L505-GS5035 TruBrite 15.6-Inch Laptop (Black)
*2.13GHz Intel Core i3-330M Processor
*4GB 204-Pin DDR3 SO-DIMM Memory
*320GB Serial ATA Hard Disk Drive (5400RPM); DVD SuperMulti Drive with Labelflash supporting 11 formats
*15.6" CCFL (16:9) 1366x768 Display; Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD
*Window 7 Home Premium 64-bit
http://www.amazon.com/Toshiba-Satellite-L505-GS5035-TruBrite-15-6-Inch/dp/B0030INLSM/?tag=klnprk-20

Also check out at Ebay there are really good deals going
http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574865779&toolid=10001&campid=5336440665&customid=klnprk&mpre=http%3a%2f%2fdesc.shop.ebay.com%2fi.html%3f_nkw%3dmacbook%2bpro%2b13%26_sacat%3d0%26_odkw%3dmacbook%2bpro%2b13%26_osacat%3d0%26bkBtn%3d%26LH_TitleDesc%3d1%26_trksid%3dp3286.m270.l1313

What laptop is ideal for engineering in college?
Q. I'm about to start college for engineering, and I still can't decide what kind of laptop is best for me. I've heard that macs are a no-go for engineers, and I've been directed vaguely toward the Dell Latitude, but I still have no clue. Any suggestions?

A. God. Nobody here is making sense. In my opinion, you should buy a Dell. I myself use a Dell Latitude D620. Its a PC. You cant survive engineering college with a mac. Infact, my prof. would kick you out of the lab if he sees you with a mac. None of the programs we use would mount on it, besides, you would need a Linux kernel also. Dell is a very robust, standard and quality laptop. It has a very good customer care support. You would need minimum 2 or 3 GB RAM with a Very BIG harddrive and a 'Core 2 Duo' processor with minimum 2.4 or 2.8 Ghz. And whatever you do, do not get Vista, if it comes pre-installed, just format the damn thing, and install Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP. You will need both operating systems. Don't forget to get MS Word and Powerpoint too. (Microsoft themselves stopped all product support for vista, and is selling Windows 7, which contains heavy tracking softwares, and ghost bots that report all events and activities back to Microsoft, thanks to the patriot act, and Total Information Acts)




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.