Laptop battery tips! Is it good or bad to run the laptop without the battery?

Q. I do this constantly: When I am watching videos or doing something that can drain my laptop's battery really fast, i take out the batery and leave the laptop connected. Is this good or bad?

A. it's the best! assuming you're not working on anything (that needs to be constantly saved), it's the best for the battery.

What laptop or laptop features do you recommend for a photographer?
Q. Besides anything Apple since I cannot afford that right now. What laptop or laptop features do I need? I am a beginner but want to really focus on this.

I need it for other things too which should fit in with whichever I get for this. I just figured, with photography, there are probably specifics to look for.

A. My laptop has: 2.4GHz ultra-dual core CPU, 8Gb RAM, 500GB hard drive, 64-bit OS, and a 17.3" screen (not sure of the video card, I don't have it on to check) BUT...90% of the time I use a tower PC that is a 2.2GHz quad core, 8Gb RAM, 2- 1TB hard drives, GeForce 560 video card w/1Gb DDR5 RAM, 500 watt power supply, 24" LCD monitor.

Both computers get their displays color calibrated with a Spyder3 Pro calibrator monthly (or whenever there is a video driver update).

The rule of thumb I use...if a computer can't run GTA4 or BlackOps without lagging/choppiness. then it will have issues running Photoshop quickly and efficiently.

What laptop is better for business school?
Q. I am going to university next year as an undecided business major. I am able to get either a Mac or Dell laptop from the school. Both will be equipped with any program I would need while in college.Which laptop should i get? Is one better suited for a business major than the other?

Thanks for your help!

A. I would go with a Mac because it doesn't get viruses and it's extremely fast, so you can get your work done quickly and essentially in school. There is Microsoft Office for Mac available for purchase so that you can type, make presentations, etc. Dells are equipped with Windows and you would need antivirus, and it would run in the background and Windows sometimes doesn't work as fast as you want it to. I would recommend a Mac, since you have a choice.

Hope you take the Mac under consideration




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.