What laptop is ideal for engineering in college?

Q. I'm about to start college for engineering, and I still can't decide what kind of laptop is best for me. I've heard that macs are a no-go for engineers, and I've been directed vaguely toward the Dell Latitude, but I still have no clue. Any suggestions?

A. God. Nobody here is making sense. In my opinion, you should buy a Dell. I myself use a Dell Latitude D620. Its a PC. You cant survive engineering college with a mac. Infact, my prof. would kick you out of the lab if he sees you with a mac. None of the programs we use would mount on it, besides, you would need a Linux kernel also. Dell is a very robust, standard and quality laptop. It has a very good customer care support. You would need minimum 2 or 3 GB RAM with a Very BIG harddrive and a 'Core 2 Duo' processor with minimum 2.4 or 2.8 Ghz. And whatever you do, do not get Vista, if it comes pre-installed, just format the damn thing, and install Ubuntu 9.04 and Windows XP. You will need both operating systems. Don't forget to get MS Word and Powerpoint too. (Microsoft themselves stopped all product support for vista, and is selling Windows 7, which contains heavy tracking softwares, and ghost bots that report all events and activities back to Microsoft, thanks to the patriot act, and Total Information Acts)

What brand laptop is in this commercial where it shoots down the apple laptop?
Q. Recent Laptop commercial where it shoots down an apple laptop, it has a cowboy on the screen and claims to be faster than the apple.
Which laptop is doing the shooting?

A. if it's an actual gun shooting then it's probably alienware

Is my laptop bag going to be considered a carryon item also along with the laptop?
Q. Im a college student flying home Tuesday for Thanksgiving. Im going to have one carryon and my laptop bag with my laptop, mp3 player, and camera in it also. The laptop bag won't be counted as a separate carryon will it?

A. The laptop/bag will cound as one carry-on, but you're allowed to take two, so you'll be fine.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.