How to Keep Brand new Macbook pro working good for a long time?

Q. Hey
I just got a new macbook pro for christmas. when i got it i was told that this is the only laptop i will be getting and i need to take good care of it because i will be using it for college that is about 2 years away (i am in grade 10). what are some tips that will keep my laptop working its best for at least 4 years.

A. Be gentle with it.
Enjoy it - watch videos, play music, do cool artwork, do your school work, etc.
It's a great computer, but it's not super fragile - and they are easy to restore back to original settings if you ever get it filled with junk. ;)

Once a month or so, go to your system preferences, and check for software updates.

How come when my new Macbook is closed and sleeping, it doesnt use any battery power?
Q. How come when i open it up it just resumes instantly? What do macs use that causes it to resume instantly?

A. Hello faron_ins,

Well, your MacBook does use a little bit of your battery power even in sleep mode, but not much. Hit the space bar, or open up the display and it comes right out of sleep mode. Have fun with it.

--Rick

How do i connect my new macbook to the internet using a regular phone line?
Q. I am on the road, staying at my mom's house and she does not have any internet services. I have DSL at home but need to check my email while I'm here. My Mom's house is up in the mountains and there is no cell phone service around here. I need to use her regular phone line.

A. Unless your ISP includes a dial-up account for you, you cannot. Try the local library, starbucks, mcdonalds for wireless access.




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.