What is the best laptop recording solution?

Q. I am trying to get good-quality recording into my laptop from my Yamaha S-90 synth. The problem with onboard sound is that the connectors produce enormous amounts of static, because they aren't shielded very well. I would like some high-fidelity recordings, though (only one-track at a time required). Thanks.

A. You can use a program like Audacity http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ to record unto your laptop.

I use this, what i do is I just get a line level signal going into my mic jack ( I don't have a line in on my laptop but it should work too if you do) and then I just select the source in Audacity to mic input and the recordings are very good with no static problems at all.

All my recording is done from a box mixer with live mics plugged in so I'm sure if it is different in your situation and how this will work for you but I hope it helps.

What is the best laptop for photographers?
Q. My brother is a professional photographer. I intend to give him a laptop that he can use for his work. He also does a lot of video editing. No necessary price limit.If you could please suggest one from mac and one thats a PC. Thanks!

Additional Info:
My brother has an Adobe suite software. Im not really sure what its called but that's the one he uses for photo and video editing.

A. It really doesn't matter, but a lot of people say a mac book, I would suggest a laptop with a big screen, maybe a 17" and one that has a blu ray player.

this one is good

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+-+Qosmio+Laptop+with+Intel%26%23174%3B+Core%26%23153%3B+i7+Processor+-+Omega+Black/9726542.p?skuId=9726542&id=1218161854811

That software your brother is using is probably Adobe Photoshop

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Adobe+Photoshop+CS4+Extended+-+Windows/9606151.p?id=1218130490022&skuId=9606151&st=photoshop%20cs4&lp=3&cp=1

What is the best laptop for music production?
Q. An HP computer with beats audio or a Macbook Pro? Or neither one of these? I want to create beats for rap artists.

A. If you have a guitar center store near you then that is the best place to go. They have lots of laptops already running top of the line software and you can play with them as long as you like. I'm guessing if you are a professional you would already know to get a Macbook Pro; however if you are a newbie to music production then the Macbook Pro would be overkill in my opinion. Plus it cost a lot of money. If you have money to burn then you might as well purchase the best lap for music production; which hands down is the Macbook Pro. I have sold 1,000's of both leased beats and exclusive beats and I still haven't purchased the Macbook Pro.

I wouldn't need it unless I was actually making beats for artists who already have made it, nationwide. When it comes to selling beats; I can tell you from experience it's all about talent; and less about your actual software. Even though I have very expensive equipment; I still make most of my money from my entry level equipment. For instance I bought a drum machine made strictly for rap music; it's called the streetboxx sb-246. It only cost 150$. Now if I tried to record a professional and they saw it they would throw it and me out of their studio lol. However I have made over 10,000$ from website and street sells with this same piece of equipment. I hope this info. helps




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.