How do I get my HP Laptop to reboot Windows 7?

Q. My laptop came with Windows 7 already installed. I keep getting an error while trying to boot which says, "Bootmngr:Device not found". I've read that you need to reinstall Windows when this happens but I do not have the CD, What do I do to get my laptop up and running again?

A. First do you have the Activation code for your version of Windows 7? It should be on a sticker, on the bottom of the laptop.

Go here:
http://techpp.com/2009/11/11/download-windows-7-iso-official-direct-download-links/
and download the correct 32 or 64 bit version of Windows 7 (Home, Business, Pro, or Ultimate) and burn that ISO to a DVD-R and then do a reinstall.

You should back up all the stuff you want to keep just in case you lose it (to several DVD-Rs, they are cheap and will not crash like a external HD). And then reinstall Windows over the old location. As you do the install you might get an option to "Repair" the installation, if that comes up go with it instead of the install.

And after all this you will have a Disc of your copy of Windows 7. Make sure to WRITE ON THE DISC YOUR ACTIVATION CODE (with a sharpie), so you have it and put it in a dvd case not a cd case (they are made differently and that is why they are stored in different cases.

After saying all this and you can not find your activation code then go here and buy a new one Cheap:
http://www.cheapsoftwaresonline.com/windows_7
64 bit is for 3 GB of RAM or more AND a 64 bit processor (if you don't have BOTH, don't get the 64 bit version).

How can I record with my hp laptop with the built in camera while the screen is hidden/black?
Q. I have a Hp laptop with built in camera on it. Cyberlink youcam is downloaded but I want to film something going on in my room without anyone knowing. Just any way the screen can be hidden while it records.

A. Turn screen backlight to lowest setting andtape a piece of black construction paper over the screen, or hide the screen so that only the camera is showing. I don't know how to deactivate the screen while recording.

Is it safe to own a HP laptop with all these talks about PVC and BFR being hazardous materials?
Q. I was reading many articles about HP using hazardous materials such as PVC and BFR in their electronics. Is the laptop safe for everyday use, or will it only cause harm if burned? Thank you!

A. yes, it is safe




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.