What laptop would you recommend for engineering student?

Q. I'm going to be studying engineering at Washington University in St. Louis this fall, and I'm wondering what type of laptop I should be looking at. I don't want to overbuy but I do want to have something that will meet all the requirements for studying engineering. Any advice is appreciated!

A. I am also an engineering student and I have a PC...I have a friend who had an Apple and had problems installing programs you will have to use for sure like autoCAD... you could still install them in the Apple, but it is a much longer process and much more complicated...so what I would recommend is a PC, with a big memory capacity...as much as you could afford or are willing to pay for...and good processor...mostly because you will have to download big programs for math and design...
i have an HP HDX16 and has worked awesomely! I hope I have helped!

good luck deciding!
:)

What laptop is ideal for engineering in college?
Q. I'm about to start college for engineering, and I still can't decide what kind of laptop is best for me. I've heard that macs are a no-go for engineers, and I've been directed vaguely toward the Dell Latitude, but I still have no clue. Any suggestions?

A. Honestly I always regarded Dell as crappy computers. If I were you, I'd get a Sony Vaio CS as they are extremely reliable and fast.

What laptop brand has the most replaceable parts?
Q. I'm looking for a laptop to buy & one criteria I have is that I want most of the parts to be replaceable if I feel like changing some parts a few months after I bought it. I heard of brands like Hp, Dell & Acer but no idea whether the parts are replaceable or not. So what laptop brand has the most replaceable parts?

A. If you want replaceable parts, I recommend Dell. In most of their recent laptops, you can upgrade HDD, RAM, and Optical Drive. However, they also let you upgrade/replace the Screen, Keyboard, and CPU, which other laptop companies sometimes don't allow or make it very difficult.

Their support is great too. They also provide service manuals for all of the PCs - whether in Physical Book form or html form straight from the Website. They also sell replacement/refurbished parts when available.

For Example:
Service Manual for Inspiron 1525
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1526/en/SM/index.htm
Replacement/Upgrade Parts Home Page
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/DellPartsFamily.aspx?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&redirect=1

Most GPU chips cannot be upgraded, and Dell is no exception; that's just how laptops today are made. Sorry =[




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.