Spilled coffee onto Dell XPS 13 ultrabook keyboard and trackpad, do I need to open it up?

Q. I spilled coffee onto my laptop keyboard and mouse trackpad. Dell claims the keyboard is 'spill-resistant', but I doubt it means it's can handle a lot of liquid onto the keyboard. I got a lot of the coffee off the keyboard and turned it upside down to drain and has been left to dry with rice for awhile. The laptop turns on and works. Should I open it up and see if there's liquid still inside? And if so clean it? Any suggestions would be great thanks!

A. I would say no, as long as its working...because if you would have really damaged it, you would have known.Because it would have.shorted out almost immediately.....So if I were you,just clean what is visible.

Can I use any screen protector on a Dell XPS 13 Ultrabook with Gorilla Glass?
Q. I am wanting an anti-glare/matte screen protector to reduce the glare from the screen. It is an LED screen. A lot of products state that their screen protectors are for LCD screens etc. Is it safe to use any on Gorilla Glass and won't leave residue?

A. Ayumi,

I do not see any reason that you could not use a screen protector on your lcd screen.

Thank You,
Dell-Jesse L
Dell Social Media and Communities

does the new dell inspiron 15z ultrabook have the flip-hinge design?
Q. I am looking for a new laptop for college and i am really considering buying this one. However, nothing will tell me if it has the new flip-hinge design like the other touch screen laptops have like the Duo or the XPS 12 (which are both a little too expensive). I was just wondering if the 15z ultrabook had the same feature. Thanks!

A. No it doesn't. Given that Dell has gone downhill lately, I wouldn't buy from Dell anyway...




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.