Reviews on The Sims 3 for Apple Macbook Pro?

Q. Thinking of getting it for Christmas, would also like the Adventures expansion pack..
Reviews? Is the only way to get it through downloading?

A. No, no! The game is formatted for both Windows AND Mac. You can buy the same game and play it on either. I have a Mac, trust me.

As far as a MacBook Pro review goes... If you're only concerned with playing the game vanilla - meaning no custom content, mods, etc - you should be fine. Be aware though that games are rarely made specifically for OS system and The Sims 3 is no exception. This means that the Mac will be using a program (I believe it's Cider...) to run the Windows game, which can be limiting on both graphics and gameplay. So...I wouldn't recommend pushing all your graphics options to High. In fact - and this may depend on how old your Pro is - be safe and go medium. I even use low on details I don't deem too important, like water reflection.

The Sims is a very LARGE game - it's going to tax your Pro (also depends on MacBook age. I'm not too certain on how the new ones will fair considering I have an OS X 10.6.8, which is about a year and a half old.) All I do know is that I, and others who work with the Mac OS system, have issues with how well the game runs. Don't get me wrong, it works pretty well - but it is considerably slower/choppier than it would be on a Windows machine. This has been verified by other Mac users who downloaded Bootcamp or some other similar program and tried running The Sims 3 with it. I don't use Bootcamp and wont simply because it has a limit on Memory and other things - and when I say limit, I mean that it has SIGNIFICANTLY less than what your computer has built in. So, if you're playing using Bootcamp and you decide you want to add more than the Adventures expansion pack, you're going to run into trouble down the line.

Also - if you ARE going to play with custom content or Mods, you should know that most creators build their content using Windows. In some cases - I don't want to say most, as I'm actually having severe issues right now with my cc - this shouldn't be much of an issue. But new patches and new expansions can change things veryyy quickly - for both Mac and Windows users alike.

Now, I'm not trying to say your Mac wont run it relatively well, because mine does and I have every expansion that's out right now. I will say it can be slow, and I have my graphics turned down. Things just really depend on your computer specs. Macs are not typically purchased for gaming purposes, that's more Alienware, Razer, MSI, etc, etc - and being that it's a laptop...you're already limited. It is for these reasons and those I listed above that I'm picking up an Alienware desktop after Christmas.

Best of luck to you though! Let me know how it works out. If you list your Pro's specs, I might be able to give you a clearer idea.

where can i find reviews for the new macbook pro aluminum 13 inch?
Q. i tried google, but they're no good. is it just too new that there havent been any reviews written?

LINKS MAYBE???

A. Try this:

http://www.engadget.com/2009/06/10/apples-new-macbook-pro-family-unboxing-and-hands-on/

I have not read it. But you should know the new 13" are stretching the word to call themselves a PRO. Without the secondary graphics card, they are nothing more than a rebadged Macbook.

How do I review a Macbook and keep it afterward?
Q.

A. Free computer? Good luck




Powered by Yahoo! Answers


Category Article

What's on Your Mind...

Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.